If you had to pick one Browning what would it be?

Discussion in 'Product Review' started by Billythekid, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Just as it states above, what would be your choose?
  2. A-bolt1212

A-bolt1212 Copper BB

I have to go with the A-bolt stalker with BOSS. I have had excellent luck with mine and my friends have as well. My .300 win. will shoot sub MOA groups at 100 yds. time after time. The BOSS system really works. I have a buddy that has one in .338 win. mag and you would not believe the bench rest accuracy you can get with this gun. I borrowed it last fall for a moose hunt and shot a 665 lb. cow in the neck at 130 yards, off hand and with complete confidence. She fell right back in her bed and never knew what hit her. My brother has a left handed one in .300 win mag and it has the same accuracy as the others. His gun has killed 3 moose, several deer and a state of Maine record black bear. I don't know why Browning stopped putting the BOSS on guns and I hope they keep the A-bolt around for many years to come( though I heard they are going to stop production soon).

I'm starting to like my new Maxus pretty well though too. :mrgreen:
  3. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I honestly have to say at the moment it is the Browning Maxus Sporting....Shot my buddies the other weekend and fell in love with it. One of the smoothest autoloaders there is. Have always considered myself more of a rifle guy but ever since they came out with the newer designed autoloaders with less recoil, they are a blast to shoot.

I do have to admit though its pretty fun to be able to shoot something 125+yards with a rifle....
  4. A-bolt1212

A-bolt1212 Copper BB

I do have to admit though its pretty fun to be able to shoot something 125+yards with a rifle....[/quote]

Yes it is very satisfying.
  5. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

I would really like to get the Cynergy Sporting With Adjustable Comb.
  6. joester

joester .22LR

Wow, tough question....I'd go with BLR in .300WSM
  7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Model 1918 Browning Automatic Rifle in .30-06...full auto.

[​IMG]
    Carbine.killer and Rudolph31 like this.
  8. freedom

freedom .22LR

As I am a handgun guy, I would go with the High Power. I have Lugers as well but I still love the High Power.
    MZ5 likes this.
  9. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

I would chose either an original Superposed, or a 325-525 in a 12 gauge. I love the over and unders, and the mechanical trigger on my 725 is fantastic, but I think that the monoblock barrel is far superior to anything currently being produced.

Okay, Ma Deuce and .30 M1919 aside. If I had the chance to legally own a motor operated aircraft M1919, I would jump on that one in a heartbeat! ;+)
    MZ5 and SHOOTER13 like this.
  10. I'd take a 1965 Super Posed double barrel shotgun in 12 ga. Made in Belgium of course.
    Steve
  11. hydrex

hydrex .22LR

It would have to be my X-Bolt in 6.5 Creedmoor. It just plain shoots and has very mild recoil. Nice caliber, great gun. It will never convert me from lever action Marlins, but it's one of the first bolt actions that I've owned that lived up to it's promise.
    MZ5 likes this.
  12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Good choice...that 6.5 Creedmoor is a fantastic round.
  13. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

Probably a BLR (pistol grip, take-down) in 6.5 Creedmoor. Too bad they don't make one. ;-)
    hydrex and SHOOTER13 like this.
  14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Yea...damn shame. It would be popular.
  15. hydrex

hydrex .22LR

A lever action 6.5 CM that would shoot .5 moa would get my attention. While I've never owned a BLR that shot as well as my best Marlin lever actions, I'm a "show me guy". Some nice hand engraving and checkering, and American burled walnut stock, I could see one in my gun rack. Hey, I can dream, ok? Maybe a Winchester 1895?
    MZ5 likes this.
  16. Eightball

Eightball Copper BB

If you had to pick one Browning what would it be? BUCK MARK BLACK LABEL THREADED:)
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  17. MyBrowning8

MyBrowning8 Copper BB

Citori 725 field 12ga. w/28" barrels. Above my pay grade....
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  18. stevegmanion

stevegmanion .22LR

19. gomer_pyle

gomer_pyle .22LR

Tough question. I like my Euro-Bolt .270 quite a bit but my final choice would have to be my pre-81 BLR in .308. It has proven to be easily carried, well balanced, and excellent whitetail medicine. I bought it for still hunting in northern Pennsylvania and it's snappy handling has come in handy more than once.
  20. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06