Early Browning Rifle

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by foxfirerodandgun, Sep 14, 2015.

1. foxfirerodandgun

foxfirerodandgun Copper BB

Early on, were there bolt action rifles made in Belgium for Browning that were sold in Europe and were not marked as being a Browning? I have one that is chambered in .338 Winchester that, in all respects, appears to be a Browning, including the stock and bolt release, however, having taken the action out of the stock I can not find Browning anywhere on the metal or wood. Many thanks to anyone who may have an answer, or information, regarding my question.

James
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum James !!

Please visit our New Member Welcome Area and introduce yourself to our community...

Thanks.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

BTW...I'll try to answer your question tomorrow...

I'm fighting spammers on another forum right now...a real PITA
  4. foxfirerodandgun

foxfirerodandgun Copper BB

Thanks! I really appreciate your time & efforts.

James
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  5. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

6. GreenMachine

GreenMachine Copper BB

I also have a question, I have a Browning auto-loader 12 gauge, B32750 on the receiver, right side, i can't seem to find what type/ year this shotgun was made.
    A Shamrock ? and a BP on the barrel. (left side)
    A sun ? & OSS on the barrel. (right side)
    BROWNING ARMS COMPANY ST LOUIS MISS & 2¾ SHELLS. (BARREL LEFT)
    Any help identifying what type of auto-loader this is / year made and how much it may be worth would be greatly appreciated.
    I tried Brownings website, i couldn't make heads or tails.
    Thanks.
  7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Sorry...never seen anything like a shamrock or sun as you describe Green Machine...

Maybe someone else here will weigh in soon...
  8. bgold

bgold .22LR

Sounds like an American Browning A5 to me...made during Nazi occupation of Belgium during WWII for Browning by Remington.
    Rudolph31 likes this.