Help, i have the wobbles

Discussion in 'Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Trou' started by Dean Nieporte, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Dean Nieporte

Dean Nieporte Copper BB

Browning SA-22
    Must say I love my rifle but it is giving me some grief. Need any suggestions and need to know if I am expecting too much of my pride and joy. I shoot weekly, keep my gun clean and oiled and have a recurring problem after about 50 rounds. It looses it tightness where you put it together and twisted just a bit left to right. I called and got an "authorized" dealer gunsmith to look at it. It took 6 weeks to "fix" and more than you want to know cost wise. Got it back and was thrilled until I took it to the range. about 50 shots and it happened all over again. I did the tightening of the adjustment but to no avail. I called my "gunsmith" fixer and got a lecture on NEVER breaking the gun down. I ask why it was called a takedown?? My local guy recommended a blue "glue" liquid that helps.
    Is this typical?
    Should I never break the gun down?
    I called Browning and they suggested not breaking down??
    Love my gun but need help! When it is tight, it is the best, I can't live with the wobble after 50 rounds or so.
    I can get it tight with a bunch of fiddling and adjusting but only temporary.
    HELP!
    Dean