What type of Footwear do you have?

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Billythekid, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Looking to pickup a comfortable pair of rugged footwear. Currently have a pair of Ecco GTX hiking shoes but are about 5 years old now and almost time for a new pair. What is everyone wearing these days?
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Lets see...I have two pairs of Red Wings...a 6" Hiker and a 9" Work Boot

...and my two pair of Western Chief Smoke Jumpers...that I wear more than any other boot or shoe.

Great for foul weather, hunting, fishing, working...bought my first pair in Washington State back in the 90's...now I buy two pairs at a time, one in reserve. They kick butt !
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2017
  3. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

I where primarily merrell shoes but I have had some quality issues with the last few pairs.
  4. Billythekid

I am thinking of picking up a pair of Vasque Breeze Gore-tex Hiking boots. I have heard great things about them. Does anyone have any experience wearing them on here?

[​IMG]
  5. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

You have to have 5 posts before you are able to pm members. If you would like you can email any of the staff members.
  6. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

I know it's a little old thread, but thought I'd respond:

For work, I have some Danners, some Bellevilles, and some Red Wing 'cowboy' boots. The Bellevilles are the least comfortable of the three, but they're pretty good. I'm surprised how comfortable the Red Wing cowboy boots are.

My general shoes (we called them tennis shoes where I grew up, though they're not for tennis) are American-made New Balance.
  7. Billythekid

I hear alot of great things about the Red Wings, havent owned a pair myself. I will have to keep them in mind when i need a new boot agian.
    The Vasque Breeze above i ended up picking up and am pretty impressed so far. I got them mainly for hiking but are extremely comfortable and light enough to wear all the time. I am pretty tough on shoes so we shall see how long they last but i will keep everyone updated.
  8. OlympicFox

OlympicFox .410

I've got a problem with my right foot that requires a very stiff footbed or I go lame. After trying all kinds of boots and shoes, I've settled on Danner.
  9. Billythekid

Are the brownig goretex comfortable? Looking to pick a up a new pair and would be interested in getting a pair.
  10. Brianmiller

Brianmiller Copper BB

Yes, Personally I am big fan of John Deere wellington & steel toe boots. They provide ultimate comfort.
  11. Lacrosse wear like iron!
  12. lead-fouling

lead-fouling .22LR

I have CAT boots with a shotgun flap as you might be able to see in my avatar.
    They are synthetic sued and as such will get mucky but I love that muddy look!
  13. Muck. Nothing as dry or as warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. lead-fouling

lead-fouling .22LR

That's a lovely stag you have there, Eagle Rider, must be a story behind that photo!
  15. Alcazar

Alcazar .410

Those are some nifty boots, jesss, I wear ratty old doc martins most days. Even cleaned them up for the photo. But for a night out,,,there's these! il_570xN.769505821_qsv6[1].jpg MCY[3].jpg
  16. lead-fouling

lead-fouling .22LR

We better not be going to the same bar, I've got the same pair on...
    Took me hours a a whole can of grease so im not taking them off :p
  17. Alcazar

Alcazar .410

18. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Ah geez...now we got high heels on a Browning Forum. ( And the Brit likes 'em !! )

There goes the neighborhood...

( BTW...nice "Docs"...!! )
  19. Alcazar

Alcazar .410

I much prefer the Docs, believe me!
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  20. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

That a Girl...!! ;)