New here and looking for help in finding a BLR

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by jabusadc, May 13, 2015.

1. jabusadc

jabusadc Guest

Hi all,
    This is my first post and I am looking, after doing a lot of research, for a very specific model of Browning BLR Lightweight 81. I want the pistol grip, walnut finish, blued steel, take down model in 270 Win Item # 034012124. The Browning site says that these were discontinued at the end of 2013. A call to Browning confirmed this and that the only take down model they have is with the laminate stock and stanless steel barrel, not my thing at all.

It seems that my only option is either find one NIB from old inventory at a local gun store or gun show. Failing that I either find a used one that someone is willing to sell for a reasonable price or last resort is to buy a pistol grip, non take down version and send it off to Wild West guns or one of the other outfits that can turn it into a take down model. Am I missing an obvious lead here? Any help would be greatly appreciated and hello to the forum.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

3. jabusadc

jabusadc Guest

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and prompt reply. I look forward to both learning and contributing here. Unfortunately, unless I mis-read the listing, the weapon in the link is not the one I'm looking for. What makes this a bit more challenging is that I am specifically looking for the (1) take down version (2) in the pistol grip with walnut stock and blued steel barrel. The rifle pictured in the listing is different sadly. In any event tha.ks for sending the lead my way, much appreciated.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

5. jabusadc

jabusadc Guest

Thank you very much!
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

No problem...let us know how you make out in your quest.