Browning Light Twelve sheared in half has a new life.

Discussion in 'Photo And Video Gallery' started by trigger finger X2, Dec 29, 2014.

1. I purchased this Browning from eBay with a project in mind. First off, what a shame that this shotgun was chopped in half, apparently the result of a gun buy back program. I've made a few other lamps from gun stocks but never had the receiver as part of the project until now. The stock was in very bad shape with deep gouges in it that are filled with epoxy, refinished. The base is made from maple on the bottom with oak on top, then a small walnut piece right under the stock itself. I inlaid some 12 ga shotgun shell brass along with an FN animal horn butt plate as an accent. The best part is the lamp is turned on by pulling the trigger starting out on low to medium to high. Of course the safety has to be off in order for it to work.

2LBtrigger likes this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Very nice...!!
    trigger finger X2 likes this.
  3. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

That is cool! What a shame that such a classic was desecrated. The tribute is fitting. Bravo!
  4. skitter_pop

skitter_pop .22LR

That is so cool! Such a shame that some idiot had to murder a perfectly fine Browning. But you did it proud!
  5. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Too cool.
  6. Thanks, here's a picture of it finished with the shade.
    [​IMG]
    2LBtrigger likes this.
  7. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

Ever consider selling, please let me know
  8. This is one of my others that is for sale. Right now it's at Sandanona, an Orvis sporting clays and shooting preserve. It has the touch feature also, the small brass button on the front of the stock.

[​IMG]
  9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Just a reminder...no sales can be posted in the forum Marketplace until the seller has been a member for 30 days and 30 posts...

If you want to sell it private...please use the PM function to contact any member interested in buying.

Thank you.
  10. No problem, I made sure there was no price.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  11. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

30 posts is a lifetime here!!
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  12. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Not really...I sometimes do that many in a day between all the forums I moderate !!

( Besides HairTrigger...you are 2/3 there with 20 posts !! )
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015