Browning Superposed Shotgun

Discussion in 'Browning Citori Shotgun' started by T-Bone, Jun 26, 2014.

1. T-Bone

T-Bone Copper BB

I may not have the correct location on this forum page to be posting this but here goes. I have a Browning Superposed that is in PERFECT condition I have been told that it is worth a variety of amounts and dont know who to trust. It was my great grandfathers gun it is even still in a Brown hard browning gun case thats felt inside it has both the twenty and twelve gauge over and under barrels. The engraving on the gun is amazing! I dont know that it has even ever had a full box of shells put thru it. It still has the original paperwork in the case. The serial # is 29882S4. Can anyone tell me what year this gun was made and approx. What it is worth I have a child on the way and will more then likely be getting rid of it.
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

hey T-bone, welcome to the browning owners community!!! based on the serial number the superposed shotgun you have is a 1964 and the S stands for 12ga. Do you have any pics to post? if it is in truly mint condition i have seen them on gun broker for good condition sell for 1500-2000.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2014
  4. T-Bone

T-Bone Copper BB

Here are some pics.

Attached Files:

5. b79holmes

b79holmes .22LR

I'd suggest you register on Gun Broker and then do an 'advanced search' for superposed under the "Completed Auctions" category.
    Asking prices are often inflated but SOLD prices are much more useful.
    You will likely see a pretty wide range for almost anything you research but will eliminate the crazy asking prices.
    I would also confirm what Grade that gun is, and with two barrels it is worth more than your average Superposed which are usually in the $700-$1,100 range.
    I think 12 gauga Trap guns are common. Higher grades, smaller gauges and extra barrels increase the value quickly.
    Bill
  6. b79holmes

b79holmes .22LR

I'm guessing from the engraving in picture #2 is is Pigeon Grade.
    My 2008 Standard Catalog Of Browning lists it as:
    V.G. $3,000; Exc. $4,500; NIB $5,500.

Connecticut Shotgun has a two barrel Pigeon on it's used gun page for $12k.

I am sure a lot of local gun shops would give you $1,000 for it.
  7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

T-Bone hasn't been on the forum since his last post above ( June 2014 )...

Wonder if he is now a father and already sold the firearm...!?