All my browning a5s together and finished. Posts yours please

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Jta5er, May 8, 2022.

1. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    thought I would finally get them all out and celebrate. Post some pics of yours please. These represent the last decade of searching, horse trading and waiting for their return. I can’t wait till dove season!
    win7stw, Rudolph31 and Auzzie like this.
  2. Biz

Biz 20g

Very nice. You are a man with good taste. May be you can tell us the year they are. And how about the drink?
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Well I’m jealous.
  4. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

12ga 68( grandfather’s)49 sweet, 25 type 1, 12-13 straight( put solid rib on it my answer to no 16ga for pigeons ) 1927 sweet 16 lightened/prototype. That would be 15 year aged knob Creek( I do live in Kentucky).
    Art restored all but the prototype. Thanks
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  5. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

When I said horse trading, what I meant was after finding an old browning warehouse of sorts ( had 27 sweet 16 nib barrels some Belgium, many 12s and 20s nib, cases of stocks and forends some 3shot) I went back 2-3,000.00 at a time buying,selling and trading art for these guns and my sxs’s. I just used that hobby money to buy and restore my collection.
    I had more fun over the last decade buying and selling than I could have imagined. After I picked through the old warehouse I found dozen of deals locally and abroad.
    My last 2 doubles and my drilling come home very soon, I will post them also. I just listened to Arts clan and you guys here and on other 2 sites. I learned as much as I could and funded my small collection with the hobby. I would buy 6 or 7 nib barrels at 250-350 each and sell or trade them for 600-900.00 each. I didn’t care much for the jap stuff but I did keep a few for these guns. Anyway thanks to all and I hope I can find some of you the stuff you desire. Now I won’t talk much about 16ga delux models till I buy them, but the rest is yours.
    Last edited: May 8, 2022
    KyBoB and Rudolph31 like this.
  6. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Now that is one fine looking collection.
    I don't care much for Kentucky hugs though
  7. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

8. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I’d like to see the other collections too
    Jta5er likes this.
  9. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Beautiful. But you should hide that square-knob in the back!
  10. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

My collection will have to wait until I buy a bunch more screwdrivers!
    win7stw likes this.
  11. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

3.5” shells work, that’s about all they are good for.
  12. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Screwdrivers are cheaper than ammo. And I have no guns with 3 1/2” chambers.
  13. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

If anybody wants to challenge my Klein screwdriver collection I will gladly take that on.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  14. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I hate square knobs too but since its a Super Lightweight I can get past it. I should actually put a round knob on it.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  15. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I think it’s best left original.
  16. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

I really like this gun, I don’t think I would pass that one up again.
    [​IMG]
    win7stw likes this.
  17. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I really like it too. I can't believe that you did pass it up. I can't wait to get my letter from the historian on that one.

On another note I would like to do something to the stock on that one. Its hard to explain but the wood almost is dry on that one. I think its need some was or something
  18. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

I’m pretty ignorant of wood but stock guys call it sap wood.
  19. Biz

Biz 20g

Do you have a close-up of that "dry wood"
    I wish I can show you my collection but we don’t have Klein screw driver in Canada.
  20. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Sorry about the messy bench but it’s raining here and I didn’t want to take it outside. I actually got it looking better before you requested pictures. I hit it with a drop of Formbys on each side and it looks a lot better.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rudolph31 likes this.