Ballistic products adjusta-drop bar

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Ranger6, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Wanted to do a review of the new adjustable bar, so here is 10 drops with #9 shot. The directions supplied with the bar our not the best, but ok. They give instructions to lock-tite some screws during assembly, but mine out of the box was already done. The lightest drop was .498 to .516. I put it on my mec 600 mark v as that’s what was on the bench. It’s 410 so 1/2 oz was the goal. The difference is 11 bb’s.

Attached Files:

2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

For comparison I did 10 drops with the mec special skeet bar. The spread went from .499 to .509, a difference of .01. That’s 5 bb’s.

Attached Files:

3. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

From pic looks reasonable made. I tried a universal brand one once for a 650 that was die cast pot metal and lacked any decent threads or precision . It was hopeless. This one looks to have some potential.
    How many stars?
  4. Ranger6

I don’t think I can rate just yet, still need to check the powder side. May try to close the gap a little on the shot side. I’m not really sure it’s gonna get any stars really, when the mec bar is more accurate drop for drop. I’m guessing it may do a little better with 8’s.