81 year old getting it done

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, Oct 10, 2020.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Took my 39 out for opener. Dogs did really well. I got my 3 Huns with two shots. Went 2 for 2 on roosters. Wish I could have found one more rooster
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Don’t care much for pictures
    [​IMG]
    Rockher_man, Ranger6 and Rudolph31 like this.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Hey Justin all I wanna know is what time is dinner? Not a bad day at all.
  3. Biz

Biz 20g

Very nice Justin. Did you train your dog? Is there a lot of electricity produced in N.D. by windmill or it is mainly coal?
  4. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Rob they are already in the freezer. Hopefully I can make it out tomorrow too
  5. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

The younger dog that has more orange on it I trained myself. The other bigger dog I got from the breeder I got my young one from. She has been professionally trained and has one many field trial awards.

We have a lot of wind turbines here. I really dislik them as I work eat a coal fired power plant. We have 7 coal fired plant left in the state. One closed a couple of years ago and two more are schedule to close. The politics of energy drive me nuts. I am sure my plant only has a few years left. Sooner if Biden wins
  6. Biz

Biz 20g

How do you prepare your birds? I am sure you don’t make rillettes with them.
  7. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

We pretty much use it as a substitute for chicken. We eat it a lot of different ways. My favorite way is in the crockpot with some cream of chicken soup and a little sour cream. Served over potatoes or rice
  8. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Damn stop it. My mouth is watering now.
  9. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I can bring some when I head to TX In a couple weeks
  10. Ranger6

Damn that would be sweet. How long you gonna be here? Gonna have time to shoot some skeet with me?
  11. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I leave here the 21st and come the 25th. If I have time I’d love to shoot some skeet
  12. Ranger6

Sounds like a plan. You flying in? I’m off on the weekends and got a skeet field about 10 min from work, hopefully we can get it done.
  13. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Yes I’ll be flying. Too bad Rudolph couldn’t fly me there and we could all shoot. I’ll be staying at my sisters in Katy
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  14. Ranger6

Yea that would be a blast. Shit Katy isn’t a problem over weekend. I’m shooting at American tomorrow. Well if your not bringing a shotgun, my herd is open to you, just pick your flavor.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  15. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Be glad. In the airlines, all someone has to do is make plans for a layover and the trip will turn to sh!t. We’d start for Texas and end up in Oklahoma City. There’s a corollary: don’t bring a bathing suit for your 11 hour layover in Frostbite Falls and you’ll spend 30 hours in Miami. You get the idea. Remember in the cartoon “You never know where you’re going till you get there? That’s my life.
  16. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I’m not going to bring a scattergun. 1909 or that fancy 28 gauge please!
  17. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

How is the airline world these days? Are the planes full?
  18. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

The planes are full, but there’s a lot fewer flights. A lot of guys are getting furloughed— airline speak for laid off. But I’m unaffected, and I’m retiring at the end of the year anyway.
  19. Ranger6

Justin I got you pegged pretty good. Before I sent that message I had thought he is either gonna wanna shoot the 28 or the 1909. No problem with either. The 1909 has short stock but I shoot it with one of those slip on pads. Still little short, but workable.
  20. Ranger6

I know the planes from bush airport here in Houston fly over one of the local ranges. There has been a lot less activity, but it is picking up. Lot of people here in Houston have been laid off due to china virus. Sure sucks, glad to hear your getting out Rudolph31. With your skill I’m sure you can make more in the private sector.
    Rudolph31 likes this.