Wanted this one

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, Apr 26, 2020.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

That’s nice, but at that price! Never thought I would see that.
  3. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I’m guessing the Type 1 engraving and the ribbed barrel is why it went so high. The Ogden marked barrel might have something to do with it as well. I think Rudolph has a similar gun that’s just as nice
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Agreed. I know the solid rib brings more. Not sure why. Not like your looking at it when your shooting the damn thing. The rib was a great addition, however, my 1909 has no rib and I shoot it just fine. Guess eye candy.
    win7stw likes this.
  5. Biz

Biz 20g

They are too many people following our forum and Browning auto-5 are becoming too trendy.
    win7stw likes this.
  6. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I agree I don’t have a rib on any of mine and I shoot them just fine.
  7. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Mine’s not as nice, it’s got a short, Cutts equipped barrel. But I didn’t pay $2700 for it either. I think Grade 2 engraved guns are rare since they were discontinued in the US in 1938.
  8. Longshanx

Longshanx .22LR

I think you're right. 69 bids, a lot of A5 interest.
  9. Ranger6

May be true. All that engraving don't help you shoot any better and the game or target could give a shit less. Nothing sweeter then a sweet 16. Engraved or not.
  10. Biz

Biz 20g

I have to agree with you Ranger. I can’t imagine myself in a harvested corn field waiting in the blind with a shiny receiver. The geese will see you kilometers away. But I enjoyed those displayed auto-5 and a couple beers with my friends after a good hunt.
    B0931BC6-EBEE-4404-A01B-535ADA15F53E.jpeg
    Rudolph31 and win7stw like this.
  11. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Do you want to adopt me?
    Ranger6 likes this.
  12. Ranger6

Very beautiful.
  13. win7stw

win7stw .30-06