your favorite 5 firearms

Discussion in 'Ammunition' started by Noturus, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Noturus

Noturus .410

Hopefully at least one is a Browning! LOL
    Here's mine in alphabetical order....
    1. Browning 1885 High wall 45-70
    2. Colt Anaconda .45 Long Colt
    3. Ruger Bearcat .22 LR
    4. Savage Crack shot .22 LR (first firearm at age 10)
    5. Wichita International 30/30 Winchester
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

1. Browning Auto-5
    2. Colt 1911
    3. M1 Garand
    4. Browning Hi Power
    5. M1 Carbine
  3. Noturus

Noturus .410

Very cool list! I reckon I forgot all about the 1911 since I gave mine to my son-in-law years ago after he returned rom Iraq. I always loved the way it disassembled without using any tools!
    My dad, a Marine from WWII was not a fan of the 30 caliber carbine however. He discarded it and took hold of a M1 Garand as soon as he could after landing in Okinawa.
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Wow, your father was on Okinawa? He must have been one tough Marine.

Terminal ballistics aside, the carbine is a fun gun to shoot. And it was a more effective weapon than the .45, which it was originally meant to replace.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  5. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

1,Browning A5
    2. Springfield 03
    3. Colt 1911
    4. M14
    5. M16
  6. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

1 Browning A5
    2 Winchester Model 70 in 7mm STW
    3 Browning Citori
    4 Winchester 9422M
    5 1911
  7. Noturus

Noturus .410

Excellent posts! None of us vary too far from John M. browning's designs.
  8. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

New Ohio made Ithaca 1911 Hand Fit
    Browning Buckmark carbon 22rifle
    High Standard 103 Spacegun
    Browning 12ga BPS
    Browning A-Bolt Eclipse in 22-250 with single set trigger
    PLUS ab honorable mention
    Remington 700 Titanium in 30-06
  9. gomer_pyle

gomer_pyle .22LR

Tough to choose just five and my preference changes with whatever I'm holding at the moment.
    Browning pre 81 BLR .308 - good gun for whitetails around here
    M1 Garand
    Johnson Model of 1941
    Ruger Super Redhawk .44 Mag
    Sig P220 .45 ACP

Honorable mention: Browning Euro-Bolt .270 - my other whitetail gun
  10. Noturus

Noturus .410

It's interesting how we all have very different favorites but as expected all have at least one Browning as a top preference!
    I reckon that's why we are here!
  11. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Browning A5
    Browning A5
    Browning A5
    Browning A5
    Browning A5
    ripjack13, Bill Idaho and Rudolph31 like this.
  12. Noturus

Noturus .410

Wow! you have 5 of them? Or is it your one and only favorite? LOL
  13. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

That’s my favorite, all hell I have that many 16 gauges. Then there’s the 20’s and 12’s . Yea I know I’m really sick. Always looking for another
    I also have an LC Smith that’s pretty close, it was my great grandfather’s, so it holds a special place in my heart and brings back lots of memories. That’s a double though so I have a couple favorites. Then there’s the 525, and the gold hunters. I have a very nice slug gun that’s a gold hunter. That thing is wicked at 200 yards. Just to many but the a5 is the all time favorite
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  14. Noturus

Noturus .410

Well with that collection (or should I call it an arsenal) you definitely deserve the Browning logo as your Avatar! I'd post an emoji but the ones available here seem too silly.
  15. Ranger6

One can never have to many. Hell come up with your own. I’m sure there’s a way.
  16. gomer_pyle

gomer_pyle .22LR

It sounds like you feel about shotguns the way I feel about rifles. I have a small collection, split between old military and hunting rifles. Some years ago I actually sold some rifles to work up a down payment on a house. Looking back, I'd rather have the rifles than the house. I sold two custom rifles by the same gunsmith I had bought used. One was based on a 1903 with a tiger maple stock with engraved wood and metal. The other was a slightly cut down and nicely blued Mauser with a Koa wood stock. Both were beautiful rifles. I also sold a Mauser 98k, an M1 carbine and a double dated Luger in excellent condition. That was over a dozen years ago and I still miss those guns.

Moral: Never sell a gun. There is always another way.
  17. Ranger6

I done the same thing when I bought a house. I have regretted it every since. Horrible mistake. I made myself a promise to never do it again. They brought way more pleasure then that house ever did
  18. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator

Ok, I'll play....
    1. Mossberg 835 (my first shotty)
    2. Saiga12
    3. Ithaca M37
    4. Colt 1911
    5. Beretta 92
  19. Ranger6

Ripjack13 where is your browning? And your collection of A5’s? I give you credit for the colt 1911 but............
    ripjack13 likes this.
  20. Pathfinder36

Pathfinder36 Copper BB

I've been trying to construct my list of favorites but I'm having trouble limiting it to just 5. Each time when I think I have a good list I think of another gun that I have enjoyed and I have to cross one off. So here's the latest list:
    1. 1941 COLT M1911A1
    2. 1941 Springfield M1 Garand
    3. Pre 1944 Browning HP w/Nazi Proofs
    4. 1962 Mannlicher Schoenauer 7x57 Carbine
    5. SIG P230SL
    As a US Military Small Arms Collector I'm envious of you owning a 1941 Johnson. I've been looking for one for years. Is yours the USMC or civilian version?