Refinishing an RA Guns LW

Discussion in 'Browning Hi Power Handgun' started by James M Brown, Sep 3, 2019.

1. I put an extended safety and a Cylinder & Slide hammer and sear in my LW. The poor pistol was painted at some point in it's life. They didn't do a very good job of it. I stripped the slide, removed the paint and reblued it myself. It turned out great IMO. Now I need the aluminum frame to look as nice. What would you experts recommend I do with the frame?

[​IMG]
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Nice work on the slide. If I were you I’d browse the Brownell’s catalog for aluminum refinishing products. Maybe Cerakote or something similar.

Also, I was able to figure out that LW means Light Weight, but RA has always meant Regular Army to me. Sometimes it means Rhodesian Army. Is that a Rhodesian High Power?
  3. RA firearms is the company that imported these pistols.
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Can you provide a link? I never heard of them, and an internet search turned up nothing.
  5. I made a huge mistake. It's not RA Firearms. It's R Guns.

rguns.net
  6. Ibmikey

Ibmikey .22LR

I have answered this question on several other forums....my light weight Hi Power was given a nice new Cerakote finish after bead blasting parts, the finish is long wearing and looks exceptionally nice. E37D5650-0AC1-4018-A386-0BB4A264F6A5.jpeg
    Soundguy and Rudolph31 like this.