Numrich Arms 1911-380/22 parts

Discussion in 'Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun' started by MutinousDoug, Apr 7, 2019.

1. MutinousDoug

MutinousDoug .22LR

FYI: I see that Numrich has a list of spare parts for these pistols on their 1911-380/22 schematics page. As a 2nd source of parts, I find this to be encouraging at least.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  2. KD6EVH

KD6EVH .22LR

Thank you. I was not aware of any source of parts.

You mention that this is the second source of parts, what is the first one?
  3. You have a link to it?
  4. KD6EVH

KD6EVH .22LR

5. MutinousDoug

MutinousDoug .22LR

Primary source of parts would be Browning however they seem to be picky about what they will sell and to whom.
  6. 'Picky' doesn't really describe it. Any part deemed a 'safety mechanism' will not be sold to the consumer....so that forces you to send your pistol in to replace a part as simple as a grip safety or trigger bow.

If the aftermarket doesn't step up pretty soon for things like springs (Wolff are you listening), I am going to part with mine. I believe my pistol would benefit greatly from better magazine springs and I'd like to have an Xtra power recoil spring and slightly heavier hammer spring. I don't think Browning got them quite right on the compact models.
  7. MutinousDoug

MutinousDoug .22LR

I'm not sure Browning or Wolff are going to be impressed by the threat of you selling your 1911 380 until the Browning factory sales start to approach the numbers of Colt 1911's sold up until about 1939 or so. But we can hope for a divine intervention of some kind.
  8. It was not a 'threat of sale' to pressure either company, please allow that I am not that naive. It was a statement borne of frustration at the lack of 'support' for this pistol and recognizing (now) my mistake for choosing something with so many proprietary parts.

I knew the pistol was different in size before my purchase and that it would take time for the aftermarket to offer replacement parts, but I did not know Browning's position on selling certain parts or requiring that the consumer return the firearm for installation.

Sadly, this practice is becoming more common in the industry.

I would not and do not expect to see aftermarket parts such as grip safeties, thumb safeties, sights, magazines, slide stops. etc....anytime soon (if ever), but I am much surprised there are not recoil springs and hammer springs out there. The pistol has enjoyed reasonably good sales in the few years it has been available.
  9. MutinousDoug

MutinousDoug .22LR

Upon reading my reply, it came off more snarky than how I now read it so I apologize for that. On the other hand, I don't expect Browning to start offering custom parts any time soon; or any aftermarket sources unless there is a lucrative pool of Black Label customers to buy a whole bunch of said parts. My fantasy would be to find match barrel bushings, barrels and frame/slide rails.
    Where do you get the information that there have been "reasonably good sales in the few years it has been available" to justify aftermarket interest? My all powerful (?) internet sources haven't been very helpful with overall production or sales numbers.

Yours,

Doug
  10. JTSmitty

JTSmitty Copper BB

So it looks like we can get parts from this Numrich Arms site. Has anyone switched to the single sided safety from the ambi? Does it just need the one part, or is there more to it?
  11. KD6EVH

KD6EVH .22LR

No, I don't know, but I am also interested.
    JTSmitty likes this.