Scope mount bases

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by Setters4life, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

Anyone use Warne bases on their BLR? I'm looking to try them with low Weaver scope rings. The Warne's seem to sit lower on the receiver which will help me get the scope down a little more. (Yes, I'm using low rings now.) The Weaver two-piece bases I'm using just seem to perch the rings too high.)

Thanks
  2. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

Anyone have a thought, opinion or comment on these bases?
  3. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Since you asked, I thought “I wonder if they’ll work.” No help, I know.
  4. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

According to Warne, they will work with Weaver rings. But comments I've read on the Warne site from customers who've bought them is that they don't really provide a proper fit on the early (1984) Japanese steel receiver BLR's. I guess I'll have to find out for myself.
  5. danny

danny Copper BB

how low are you going for? I put millet rings a bases (low), new old stock with a bushnell banner 4x40 lite-site and scope just clears the rear site
  6. Norske

Norske .410

My BLR came with Talley mounts. The eyepiece of my 1.5-5X Leupold just clears the hammer.
  7. cavmedic

cavmedic Guest

I have Talley QD low mounts on my BLR. Their is about 3/4 inch clearance on my hammer. With my Browning stock pack it raises my check perfectly to meet the scope. [​IMG]
  8. Norske

Norske .410

My thumb must be fatter than yours. It fits in there, but not with a thick glove.