shotgun rib and beads

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by stevegmanion, Oct 16, 2018.

1. stevegmanion

stevegmanion .22LR

While shooting trap how do you align the rib and beads?
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

If the gun fits you, the beads should form a figure eight when you mount it. This should center the pattern above the point of aim which is desired for rising Trap targets. Pattern the gun to confirm.
    stevegmanion likes this.
  3. stevegmanion

stevegmanion .22LR

Thank you Ill try it Thursday when I shoot. Just acquired a Browning Citori CXT. Went from a 11=87 Remington. The CXT feels a bit odd.
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

With shotguns, fit is everything. Hopefully that odd feeling will pass. Read up on or get someone who knows about shotgun fit to help you.
    stevegmanion likes this.
  5. stevegmanion

stevegmanion .22LR

Thanks I’ll look into that.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  6. stevegmanion

stevegmanion .22LR

Also I have a question, I've lined and stacked the beads on the rib, I call for the bird, when I shoot should I see the rib and the bird or just the bird? Seems like when I shoot all I see only the bird.
  7. stevegmanion

stevegmanion .22LR

Thanks again Rudolp31 for the info I shot a 19 and a 20. Seem to be missing the easy birds.
  8. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

The beads are strictly for checking your mount. The gun will then shoot where you look, so make sure you’re looking at the bird only.
    stevegmanion likes this.
  9. stevegmanion

stevegmanion .22LR

Thanks
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  10. stevegmanion

stevegmanion .22LR

O.K. Now I'm comfortable with the CXT I'm shooting 21-22-23-24 but just can't seem to get that 25. Do you think it concentration, or just lack of skill Yesterday I shot 5 straight hard lefts from station #1 then went on to miss a straightaway at station #3.
  11. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Steve, you’re shooting better than I am. The only advice I can give you is take each shot individually and don’t think about the score. Good luck with that!