Any reviews on the BAR Mark 3?

Discussion in 'Browning BAR Rifle' started by Jason, Feb 23, 2017.

?

Best Cartridge for Deer/Bear hunting in the South?

Poll closed Mar 9, 2017.
  1. 7mm-08

100.0%
  2. 25-06

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jason

Jason .22LR

I am interested in buying a BAR Mark 3 in the 7mm-08 caliber. This gun will fit my needs for Hog/Deer hunting in the south without the recoil of a 30-06. Since I will use it for Hog hunting, I am looking for a semi-automatic.

The thing is, I cannot find a single review of the BAR Mark 3, much less find one on a specific cartridge. Are there any reviews out there on-line or in magazines that provide more than the two paragraph of stats on the Mark 3?
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Good Luck with your search...
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2017
  3. Jason

Jason .22LR

Thanks, no luck yet.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

I've only seen BAR Mark III's in .243 Win and .308 Win...

Never the two calibers you seek above...
  5. Jason

Jason .22LR

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Congrats...
  7. Big Moe

Big Moe .22LR

I have the Browning Bar MK3 in the .270 caliber and love it. Have the one with the Mossy Oak Breakup camo finish.
  8. Jason

Jason .22LR

Reviews aren’t too plentiful. But I love mine in 7mm-08. So far I have a few hundred rounds through it and not a single malfunction. Groups are about 1 inch average using just one sandbag (100 yd indoor ranges). [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Planetcat and SHOOTER13 like this.
  9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

That's a fine looking rifle...!!
  10. Wayne Findley

Wayne Findley Copper BB

Can you tell me what the recoil is like on your Mark III? I really like the fact it is light and I really like the looks of the rifle. Just wondering what the recoil is like on the lighter BAR. Weighing purchasing this rifle against a Safari II with boss.
  11. Big Moe

Big Moe .22LR

How you doing Sir?....I had the bar 3 in .270 caliber mossy oak right hand and sold it to purchase one in walnut stock with nickel plate receiver in left hand because I'm left handed. A guy had that left hand one for sale so I sold mines and purchased that one, which is also a .270 caliber. Has little to none recoil man, you will love it. I just placed my order for a 7mm-08 in mossy oak but I had to get this one in right hand because Browning said they wasn't going to make anymore left hand. Browning hasn't started back yet making the guns for this year yet, they make so many then they knock off so that's why my gun store went own and placed my order so he would be sure he could have one for me. So whoever you deal with I would go ahead and get it ordered so you know for sure yours will be coming. I'm paying on mines now and I haven't gotten it yet. Getting a head start, hahahaha.....Have a wonderful day sir and hope this feedback helped you. By the way, I get a good deal on my Bar 3 rifles get them for 1,035.00.
  12. Wayne Findley

Wayne Findley Copper BB

Can you tell me what scope bases you used? And what height scope rings you used (low, medium, or high)?
  13. Big Moe

Big Moe .22LR

Leupold 1 piece base std bar and Leupold std 1 inch medium rings.