Vortex Rifle scopes

Discussion in 'Product Review' started by hydrex, Nov 5, 2016.

1. hydrex

hydrex .22LR

I'm am very impressed with both of the Vortex scopes I have on my Brownings. Viper HS 2.5 x 10 x 44 on the .308 X-Bolt and the HS-T 4X16 X 44 on my 6.5 CM X-Bolt. These are top notch optics, wish they were made in the USA, though . Time will tell, I also like the Leupolds that are on my Marlin lever guns.
  2. Dreeves

Dreeves .22LR

I have a Vortex Crossfire 4x16x50 on my X-bolt Long Range Hunter 300 Win mag and a Vortex Crossfire 3x12x56 on my BAR Safari 300 Win Mag. Bought both guns within 6 days of each other and immediately bought the scopes.. Been impressed with them..
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

I've heard nothing but good things about Vortex scopes....
  4. hydrex

hydrex .22LR

Honestly, I wish they were made in USA , but the last Leopold that I bought, said : designed,machined and assembled in the USA. Hmmm, sounds like something is missing. I always bought Made in USA New Balance running shoes, as they had a factory in Maine. Last time, I asked the sales lady if they were still made in Maine, she said they were all made in China, but they might box up a few in the US to make it look good. Wish our Brownings were made here too....
  5. glp

glp Copper BB

New Balance makes some off shore, but there is still a factory in Skowhegan, Me and yes some are still made in the good ol US of A. That's what I buy as well as USA made Red Wing shoes and boots.
  6. hydrex

hydrex .22LR

If that is true, that is good news! The last time that I bought NB, I asked the sales lady if they had any American NB's and she said, we keep em out back, as the company tries to push the Chinese ones. Last time, I went there, she said they were all made over seas. Next time, I'll just drive down to Skowhegan. Wouldn't mind putting some money into the pockets of American workers.
  7. I have 2 Viper PST scopes. Very good optics. Now before anybody claims that IOR, Zeiss or the other high dollar scopes are better, I have shot IOR's and the like. My eyes, and My eyes can NOT tell the difference in them. I currently own Vortex and the upper end Nikons.
  8. Dreeves

Dreeves .22LR

I have a Vortex Crossfire 3x12x56 on my Browning BAR Safari 300 Win Mag and a Vortex Crossfire 4x16x50 on my Browning X-Bolt Long Range Hunter 300 Win Mag. Have had great luck with both of them even though they are the lower end of the Vortex scopes. I don't plan to shoot 1000 yards so I just can't make myself spend a fortune on glass. My furthest possible shot in hunting might be 400 yards and thats only because I just got clear cut.
  9. hydrex

hydrex .22LR

I have a friend from The Netherlands is a "great white hunter", He hunts all over the world. He claims only expensive European scopes are any good, better in low light. Ok, maybe, but I go home before it gets dark. Law gives you only 30 minutes after sunset, here in Maine.
  10. hydrex

hydrex .22LR

My latest aquisition: A Vortex Viper 6 MOA Red Dot on my 1911 Colt Competition .45. So far, I like it a lot! I know, purists probably think a Red Dot on a .45 is sacreligous, but it is really growing on me. Vortex is one of the more compact ones, narrowed it to Vortec, Leupold and Burris. Was a hard choice, all 3 are great.
  11. Norske

Norske .410

I volunteer as a range safety officer at a 100 meter indoor rifle range. The least expensive Vortex scopes don't seem any more reliable than any other cheap scope. Price=quality, even with Vortex.
  12. hydrex

hydrex .22LR

Yes, no doubt, you get what you pay for.
  13. hydrex

hydrex .22LR

The Vortex scope and the 6.5 CM did their job well! My girlfriend shot a 500 + pound cow moose at about 35 yards. 4 power was plenty. Expected to see them step out at 200 yds, suddenly, 2 moose came out just behind us.
  14. Mley1

Mley1 Copper BB

I'm a fan of Vortex scopes, and have several from the Crossfire, Copperhead, Strike Eagle 1-8, Diamondback Tactical, up to the Vortex Viper HS LR and PST. I've never had any trouble out of any Vortex optic. I also have Vortex Viper and Diamondback binos. I also like Leupold and have several. If I had a choice, atm, I am looking to buy Leupold. I also have a Zeiss Conquest, and it is in the safe waiting for a rifle. It's good glass, but nothing special.