Trigger on Browning Maxus

Discussion in 'Browning Maxus Shotgun' started by Bryan F Jones, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Come on Browning Arms Co
    About five years ago I bought a new Maxus and after a little use the trigger quit making the gun fire ! Browning repaired it and after 500 rounds went rite back to locking up ! Got rid of it ! 5 years later thinking browning surely has prob fixed just bought another and to my disappointment the new 1 is doing the exact same ! Good bye Browning !! The more folks I talk to the more I have found that people all over r having same trigger issue !!???
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum.

( As far as your problem(s)...May I suggest Browning Customer Service as a remedy...)

Browning Arms Company · Customer service

[​IMG]

+1 800-333-3288
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2016
  3. B
  4. Browning Maxus Trigger ,
    Number 13 , thank you for your reply ! However I have been to Browning and fix was short lived and now I see this has been an on going prob with the Maxus for years , I'm just done with Browning !!
  5. This is the second Maxus I have purchased 5 years apart that have had the exact same trigger issues n both were brand new guns !
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Sorry to hear that...twice, wow !!

So...what's the next step !?

( I don't own a Maxus...and it's the 1st time I'm hearing about the trigger...)
  7. Since having this trigger prob with the Maxus and talking about it n various places it has surely been confirmed thru lots of avid Waterfowlers that yes this has been an on going issue for years if you really use the Maxus ! Not just a fluke that I bought 2 brand new ones to have same trigger issue on the Maxus ! For me back to the Benelli sbe 2 that is a daily shooter year n and out with 1 1/8 loads to 3 1/2 no problems
  8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Well...not much else I can add.

Good Luck...
  9. BWilson

BWilson Copper BB

what exactly is the issue? are you trapping the trigger when pulling it? I have 2 Maxus shotguns and never had an issue with the trigger my MODB was purchased in 09 and has 55k plus rounds through it and the trigger has never malfunctioned
    Todd likes this.
  10. Not trapping it at all and neither are all the other guys I have talked to about the same issue of the trigger locking up and not dropping the hammer ! You are lucky if you have had no issues with yours and thru the frustration of having a Maxus that won't reliably fire I hope yours continues to do so !