Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun Accessories

Discussion in 'Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun' started by Billythekid, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Post all of the Browning 1911-380 Handgun accessories here...
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

New Accessories sub forum for Browning 1911-380 handguns...
  3. Alcazar

Alcazar .410

Extra magazines supposed to be here sometime in July here in the Great White North. Will be interested to see if they make different sights for this semi.
    ETA for my new .380 is this Friday.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Looking forward to the range report Joan !!
  5. Alcazar

Alcazar .410

IMG_20150815_120606.jpg IMG_20150815_120539.jpg Well I got a super surprise in the mail today, lovely new grips for the .380. The were made by Left Field Engineering. Tiger maple grips that fit my hand perfect. The quality is great and fit like a glove. Thanks again to Train for spending so much time hunting these little lovelies down for me!!
    phonman1970 and drift like this.
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Looks awesome...!!
  7. Mike McClure

Mike McClure Copper BB

drift likes this.
  8. Gil W

Gil W .410

Grip-1.jpg

I had to get a pair of them also (Tiger Maple) from Left Field. Got the unfinished and did the stain and over coat. I like the thicker wood, better grip for big mitts.
    drift likes this.
  9. TRR

TRR .22LR

Does anybody have any experience with swapping out the sights on their 1911 380?
  10. Gil W

Gil W .410

Unfortunately not here. I'm not sure the front sight would be easy to remove. The other thing would be replacing them with new sights made for the gun.
  11. Rick Jennings

Rick Jennings Copper BB

Easy to remove the old one They fit in a hole through the top of the slide. I know this because mine fell out after my last range trip.

I had to have Browning send me a new one gratis. I should have it next week and was told that a ham-handed non-smith like me will be able to replace it. :D

I will let you know how it goes.
  12. Rick Jennings

Rick Jennings Copper BB

Well I received the plastic replacement front sight and it simply snaps into the slide. I painted a white spot on it before I installed so I can see it a bit better.

I also had Andy at Left Field Engineering build me a set of Cocobolo grips that came out great.

Now I need a good IWB holster. Suggestions?
    phonman1970 likes this.
  13. drewzter

drewzter .22LR

Im looking for a magazine holder for a belt. Wondering if another gun mag holder might work. I want to shoot the gun in an IDPA fun match.
    phonman1970 likes this.
  14. nakoa01

nakoa01 .22LR

Hey guys new member here. I am about to own my 3rd of these guns. Thought I would add as far as holsters....I find that most of the sig 938/238 holsters work well. I use a tagua belt hokster for a sig 238 with laser for my browning pro 4in with rail.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  15. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum nakoa01 !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...a MANDATORY step for membership here...

Enjoy the forum...
  16. MutinousDoug

MutinousDoug .22LR

Is Browning selling spare parts i.e. springs, triggers, pins for the 1911 380? I see nothing on their website.
  17. Give them a call. Also Google what you need. Try MidwestGunWorks.
  18. I am 65 with arthritis in my strong hand. If you teach your wife the technique to push with her strong hand and pull with her weak hand, she should be fine. I don't remember the slide being an issue so it must have been OK. There were several guns like the Beretta Cheeta which I really wanted and still do, but I couldn't rack it. I couldn't rack my Buckmark 22 back for the first week but now it is a breeze. You could always break it in a bit for her, if needed. I wouldn't recommend a gun for a woman or man unless they really enjoy shooting and are committed to learning to shoot well. Let us know if she gets the gun. Jane.
    PS. If she is going to CC, the compact version is shorter. I have a Sig p238 with extended mag, if I ever decide to carry. They are a breeze to rack.
  19. jb7

jb7 Copper BB

The Kimber Micro carry 380's are even easier to rack the slide on then the Sig P238's. Nice pistols.
  20. How is the recoil? It seems that 3 gun stores steered me away from Kimbers whenever I inquired?